Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Tree & Me (from my pen )





I once sat beneath a tree
To write a story about the Sea
I tried to write a word or three
But no word could come to me
I wondered why that could be!!!!!
“Hey story girl please write about me “
I heard a voice calling upon me
Startled, I looked around to see
I wondered again who that could be!!!!!
“It’s only I your friend the tree “
Oh my GOD, how can that be!!!!!
“A tree is actually talking to me “!!!!
Filled with fear I tried to flee
But only to come down right on my knee.
“Why does u fear me??? My graceful child
I am only a tree that stands in the wild
Although I am big with arms spreading wide
I am full of joy, love and pride
I am the place were birds come to hide
And travelers seek comfort by my side
And long time lovers sit side by side
Watching their grandchildren swing and slide
A fruit of mine once fell down beside
And a young man found a law he couldn’t hide
I tell tales as old as time and tide
And no one can ever say I lied.

Excuse me Sea; truly you are so dear to me
BUT TODAY I’LL BE WRITING A STORY ABOUT A TREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment